Mary & Her Little Lambs

Everywhere that Mary went her lambs and the camera were sure to go!

Thursday, May 06, 2010

The New Halli

We did it! We chopped it off. We had been talking about it for several months, but Halli wasn't ready which was totally fine. We showed her the Locks of Love websight and showed her what they do with the hair people donate. She was touched, but not interested. The thought simmered for a couple months, until she realized it would really be a neat thing, plus a change and less hair to have to brush through might be nice! So she started talking to me about it! Last week I took out the old scissors, and went for it! We LOVE it!

Long beautiful hair!! Hard to cut, but... it's just hair, and it'll grow back! The Grandma's and such figures had a hard time with the idea :) but have found they love the little bob on her. I didn't realize just How thick her hair really was!

As you can see, she is very pleased with it. She loves how quick and easy it is to fix. She even fixed it herself most days, :) And does a great job!

It was almost like holding her arm or something, when I picked it up and placed it in the zip lock bag. It was so much a part of her. Funny how as beautiful at it is, it can almost weird you out looking at it--detatched from her head! :/ Didn't seem to bother her! She is excited to share her hair with a little girl who can really use it!
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael and Brinn said...

I love Halli's new do as well. Man, I would love to have her thickness. The bob is very cute and nice job cutting it. YOu are good!

4:02 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

SUPER cute! And it IS really thick and looks so healthy! You are so good at cutting and styling it. I'm impressed! I love the last picture of her holding the braid up with such a proud smile! What a great idea to have her donate it. Cute, cute, cute!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Dean Family said...

What a cool idea with "locks of love"! I bet it was hard for both of you, but Halli is adorable and her hair looks so thick! She definitly looks older...but not too old! GREAT JOB on the cut!!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I am still mourning........
even though I think the bob is possitively darling!

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Edie Mindell said...

I love the new hairdo of Halli. :-) It blends perfectly on her cute face. She is very brave for saying goodbye to her long locks. She is amazing.:-)

6:04 AM  
Blogger King Family said...

We love the haircut!!! She looks so cute. Your kids are getting so big, hope you guys are doing well.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home